Thursday, January 24, 2013

HOPES 2013


I think I have lost my touch. My touch in writing and it is a very scary feeling. Am experiencing what they call writer’s block. Don’t get me wrong; like any other writer; I have experienced this couple of times only this time it has lasted way too long. Or maybe it has been lifted…it’s sad that I can’t even tell.

Experts say that when a woman is under stress, it can adversely affect her libido. I think that is what is happening with my writing…my libido has been greatly compromised. Well you must be wondering what could be stressing me. Let’s just say that I recently found myself at that uncertain point when everyone wonders when there big break will just get here. I view this as a blessing in disguise though. Maybe I will finally be able to make something out of the love of this art-read writing.

Anyway, let’s not dwell on my inadequacies because this post should not be about that. It should be about my hopes for 2013. I recently made an attempt at independence; I moved out. This was probably my biggest achievement in 2012 and I am very proud of myself. Just like that attempt, I hope 2013 will be the year I gain independence with my art. By that I mean I hope that this year I will gain confidence with my writing; that I won’t be afraid to flaunt it because only then will I make mistakes and learn from them.

2013 is the year when Kenyans will usher in a different structure of government. As exciting as that is, it also holds a lot of fears for most Kenyans …post election violence. I can only hope that this year’s elections will be different. That Kenyans will not end butchering each other over leaders who lets admit do not care much.
I intend to face my fears this year. What I mean by that is I want 2013 to be the year I learn to be more assertive with the things I want. It will be the year I set the pace for the rest of my life because who am I kidding, I might be young but the sooner I figure things out the better.

I hope 2013 will be a year that the bond between me and my baby will only get stronger (yes, I am a hopeless romantic). I hope to get closer to my friends and family; the people I want to be part of my life for the long run.  On top of all this I hope to reignite my love affair with books into a bonfire (that bonfire will not be from burning books just so we are on the same page).

I know it doesn’t sound like much but those are just some of my hopes for 2013 but above everything; I hope 2013 will be successful and awesome for you. 2013, it’s me and you against the world.

5 comments:

Iva said...

So I wish You strenght in New Year. We must be strong! Greetings from Poland.

Sophie Njeru said...

thank you Iva...

Unknown said...

everything will be fine

Unknown said...

So far, so good?
Year is almost ending...

Sophie Njeru said...

At least it started looking up towards the end...can only get better from here