Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FINDING MY WAY BACK

Making a big shift in life is never easy. I want to assume this is how it feels to drive a manual car for the first time having driven an automatic all your life. I never thought I would fall this deeply in love with writing. I never thought  it would give me such a rush- trying to put words together, trying to tell a story.

This is the only thing I have ever known. Writing is like that first friend. That first BFF you pinky swear that you will always be friends with. The one you tell all your innocent little secrets.This is until your family moves to another town miles away and you barely keep in-touch with the BFF. Eventually, they become a distant memory, one you wish you could find your way back to but  you just don't know how.

I recently got torn away from my BFF- writing- by a new job that has nothing to do with what I have come to love with such passion. It's a new experience, a new challenge. A way to prove to myself that I am  flexible, open minded. That I can make a living from pretty much anything.  I promised myself I would learn to love it. That I would keep an open and positive mind. I have to admit; that is easier said than done.

My biggest fear is losing my BFF. Never finding my way back to that genuine smile. That genuine rush. I am not a quitter though. I guess what I need to do is refine my lemonade making skills with all these lemons thrown at me.

I am trying to find my way back to my BFF. Trying to make her my haven. A safe place to let go of all my frustrations and fears. I want to go back to the pinky swear. I will find my way back.

No comments: